Saturday, October 6, 2012

False alarm


This morning I woke up from the sound of the rain, it was 5am and the first thing that popped into my head was the turtle nest!!! Hatchlings will sometime emerge from the nest in a rain storm you see and this is what happened with the last nest so I thought I better check just to be sure.  But thankfully its not happening yet…. I got to the nest and there was no movement. This I was quite glad about as it was proper tropical rain and trying to do anything in that would have been hard and very wet!  So now I find myself wide awake at 530 in the morning!! Is this a sign of the next week to come, god I hope not, or im going to be one tired marine biologist. Security are patrolling the nest at night but I am so worried they might miss it and I will come to the nest one morning and all the hatchlings will be cooking in the hot sun as they were unable to get out of the enclosure. Can you imagine….. marine biologists cooks 100 turtle hatchlings in the hot sun!!!! hmmmm, not good.  Obviously this wont happen but you could say its my little turtle nightmare!!! So the count down continues…..

No comments:

Post a Comment